Unfortunately a number of students have been hit by a “gastro bug”.
If you believe your child is unwell, please keep them at home and limit their contact with others. It is recommended that if you have had gastro, that you stay at home for 48 hours after the last signs of being unwell.
How is it prevented?
- Good hygiene practices are the most effective way of controlling the spread of this infection.
- Wash hands with soap and water after going to the toilet, before eating, after wiping noses, etc.
- Avoid sharing cups, eating utensils or items of personal hygiene.
- Thoroughly wash any soiled clothing.
- Cover the mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.